Friday 24 April 2020

CLAPPING AGAINST THE MINIMAL STATE

Super-Nurse: Photo and graffiti by FAKE (IG: @iamfake)


"Knowing as we know that unfettered markets don’t distribute wealth, but tend to concentrate it in a few hands, I wonder if 'we' who 'know' includes my neighbours. I wonder who are 'we' who 'know', and I end up with the idea that in this case the subject of knowing is a small group of people. I end up with the idea that my neighbours aren’t aware of the contradictions in, and implications of, their clapping. The daily ritual which, with the passing of one more week, went back to its origin as an exclusive tribute to the doctors and nurses in the public system."


My latest article for Miista. Read it here!


Also available on beautiful collaborations

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE WEREN'T TAUGHT THAT: HUMOUR, THE ROMANI PEOPLE AND AN UNEXPECTED TURN

International Romani flag [Este artículo está disponible en Castellano aquí ] Jokes and "ofendiditos" Last Summer was en...